UX Designer / Researcher
Samsung Research America
Title: UX Designer / Researcher
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Samsung Design Innovation Center
Location: San Francisco, CA
Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC) located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for an excellent UX Designer who shares our “innovation through passion” philosophy and thrives in a fast-paced, ideas-driven environment.
At SDIC, the UX Designer is responsible for creating beautiful, functional and desirable experiences and services to bring cutting edge technology to real world products. Our work appears on smart phones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables and other devices we can’t describe yet. We are looking for a talented designer to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering new design opportunities, designing new product concepts to applying technology creatively to solve real user problems and create radically new experiences that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
We are interested in passionate and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable in a highly fluid environment. You will bring drive, smarts, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- User research and heuristic evaluation of existing products
- Strong demonstrable experience in User Experience Design / Design Research / Product Design
- User-centric, research driven mindset for design and discovery
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Conduct user research to uncover insights that inform product decisions
- Ability to turn analytical research insights into product opportunities and tangible design solutions
- Wireframing, conceptualizing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design and visual design
- Crafting ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to turn ideas into concepts
Bachelor's degree in related field
Years of Experience:
5 years in user experience design / user experience research. Previous design agency experience preferred.
- Design research, hypothesis development, prototyping & testing
- Pitching & presenting ideas to stakeholders
- Sketching and visualizing new ideas and user scenarios
- Documentation creation: User research, Scenarios, Wireframes, Visual Design, low and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Clear, concise and transparent communication style
International and Domestic travel maybe required
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.