Digital Copywriter & UX Writer
As the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at www.similarweb.com. The company has raised over $240M and has over 600 employees across 11 global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Calcalist's Top 50 Startups 2019 and one of the 10 Most Desirable Israeli Companies to Work for. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in Dun’s best high tech companies to work for in Israel in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, Ebay and more.
We're looking for someone with UX writing experience who understands how technology and design can create a positive user experience. We’re also looking for an individual with digital copywriting experience who understands how sharp web copy can drive better engagement and conversions. This role reports to the VP Product Marketing.
What does the SimilarWeb Product Marketing Team do?
We approach product marketing as a mission-critical opportunity to build a disruptive new traffic intelligence category, make our customers data-driven superheros, and ultimately let SimilarWeb’s actionable insights speak for themselves.
Our job is to tell the story of how SimilarWeb’s products and services solve digital intelligence problems by providing visibility into any digital sector or company. From digital transformation and consumer journey analysis, to marketing channel optimization and audience analytics, SimilarWeb has the most comprehensive, customizable data set, powering tailored solutions for our customers.
This role focuses on copywriting for our web assets and product. You will shape the voice of each product. You will ensure all digital assets per Solution speak the same language. You will embed the positioning & messaging developed by each Product Marketer into the digital assets and UX that market their products. You will closely collaborate with our product marketing and demand generation teams to execute copywriting on behalf of each product marketer.
As a UX writer and digital copywriter at SimilarWeb you will:
You will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of new ideas that make UX and digital assets clearer, to hands on execution of all related copywriting. You must be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment, and pay careful attention to detail. You must have the ability to quickly formulate plans that are backed by data and execute across many work functions simultaneously.
- Collaborate with each product marketer to understand the different personas using the SimilarWeb product, their use cases, value propositions, positioning & messaging
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to create clear, exciting copy for websites, landing pages, and paid ads that help prospects understand the value of each SimilarWeb Solution
- Shape product experiences and product voice by writing clear, concise copy for the SimilarWeb platform that helps different types of users achieve the task at hand (e.g. tool tips, microcopy)
- Maintain consistency of the product voice for different solutions, while still using industry-specific language
- Analyze performance data on the web, ads and products you write for to inform your copywriting strategy and iterations
What skills we’re looking for in the perfect candidate:
- Native English speaker
- 1-3 years of experience creating copy for software interfaces, websites and ad creatives, preferably for a B2B product
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, HCI, UX or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in a fast paced SaaS, DaaS or Internet company
- A self-starter with a love for language and detail who is comfortable with working on multiple projects concurrently
- Able to work independently & autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities & tight deadlines
- Motivated & hard working
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Expert at turning complex ideas into simple, and easy to understand copy
- Preferred qualification - you feel at ease with data, and are eager and willing to get comfortable with data
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team