LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
We are looking for a design generalist to help us build great experiences for our customers. You’ll help us envision and build the future of our platform by bringing your strategic mindset and passion for crafting compelling visuals.
You’ll partner closely with other members of the design team, developing and promoting user experience as a core practice within our product lifecycle. You’ll also work in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and other partners.
You will understand the goals, motivations, and behaviors of our customers and relentlessly advocate on their behalf. Applying that knowledge to our shared vision of the future, you will work collaboratively with partners across the organization to build a UX vision, including high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, to conceptualize and implement new product initiatives.
- Partner in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, UX and visual design, usability testing, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Use all of the tools in your UX toolkit. These could include (but are not limited to) personas, journey maps, wireframes, design patterns, mockups, and prototypes.
- Understand what fidelity to use in different phases of a project.
- Create designs that address data, customer feedback, user research, and technical considerations.
- Communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively to the design team and your cross-functional partners.
- Actively participate in frequent design reviews; give and receive effective, thoughtful critique; and know when and how to incorporate feedback into your own designs.
- Synthesize qualitative user research to understand customer behavior.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve design frameworks, tools, and processes.
- 2+ years of on-the-job experience, showing progressive growth in project scope.
- Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in tools common to modern design work, such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision/Balsamiq/Axure, Zeplin, etc. (Note that these are examples; you do not need to know all of these tools.)
- Portfolio demonstrating a track record of crafting and delivering visually compelling digital products that align customer needs and business goals.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Respectful when challenging assumptions, and experience giving and receiving feedback effectively.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines, and are vocal when risk arises.
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49