DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. The company is at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers alike - are at the forefront of our product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of the company’s business. This is where you come in.
We're looking for enthusiastic, curious, and fast-learning new-grad product designers on all marketplace fronts. Our Design team is still at an early stage, which means you’ll contribute and work on big and meaningful design problems. You’ll be also working with world-class teammates who will become your life-long mentors and friends.
What You'll Do
- Use your full range of skills from product thinking to interaction and visual design to build delightful and functional experiences
- Embed directly in one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Use a systematic process to find and resolve hidden complexities and edge cases
- Produce work that lives and breathes the distinctive feel of Doordash’s products
- Think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Speak and present your designs to stakeholders
- You love a fast-paced startup environment
- You are curious and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem-solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Design (graduated/graduating in 2020-2021) or equivalent experience
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools, and technology cross-platform (mobile, and web)
- Strong ability to innovate UI and execute a polished product design
- Must be able to work in our offices in San Francisco (HQ)
- Prior internship experience in the tech space is a big plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what’s the latest with DoorDash:
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.