🗺 Company Overview
Guide Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (applications outside this range may be considered)
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a UX/UI Designer here at Unibuddy you will take ownership of the end to end design process, working collaboratively with cross functional teams to create beautiful and functional product features in a fast paced agile environment.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. You will play a pivotal role in the creation of exciting new products in our roadmap, with significant scope for personal development.
👩🏻🔧 On a day to day basis you will...
- Embed yourself within squads, working closely with POs and engineers, facilitating a collaborative multidisciplinary approach to design, and providing your expertise.
- Be an advocate for our various users, understanding and empathising with their needs.
- Work closely with our researcher and understand how to leverage data to come up with the best possible UX solutions.
- Create a knowledge base of clearly documented UX problems and solutions in the form of; user journeys maps, wireframes etc.
- Create beautiful high fidelity designs, and clickable prototypes.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to ensure continued alignment and improving quality across our product suite, and overall brand.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if are…
- Experienced in a hybrid UX and UI design role, evidenced by a portfolio site of beautiful case studies.
- Experienced working in cross functional agile teams.
- Able to facilitate workshops and other collaborative sessions
- Experienced working with Design Systems.
- Proficient in Figma, or similar for the creation of clickable prototypes. As well as Adobe Creative Suite, including motion graphics.
- A team player, enthusiastic about helping out and giving/receiving feedback. With fantastic communication skills.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a link to your portfolio site, CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. Showcase your skills, stand out and impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager.
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equity opportunity employer.