UI Design Lead
UI Design Led (London)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a UI Design Lead, you will work closely with the UX Principal in providing a string design capability across our client portfolio. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Deliver high quality website, apps and interface design for a range of digital products and clients
- Define and guide on best practice user interface design and experience design methodology
- Be our ambassador on UI, leading the vision and helping to define the design function across the London club.
- Shape and deliver internal communication and training, establishing best practice and common methodologies across UI at AND
- Support the development of UI design skills in the Club by coaching a small number of growing talents and contributing to internal communities of practice
- Be client facing with a mix of advising, implementing and delivering, sometimes across multiple clients
- Serve as a senior member of our ‘practice group’, a team of subject matter specialists acting as mentor and leadership for the rest of our club
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- 7+ years of UI design experience
- Experience in website, apps and interface design for a range of digital products
- Experience in advising and guiding a people who have an interest in it and taking on a role to mentor and grow other ANDis in the creative space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex agile environments
- Validated knowledge and experience of applying brands to digital platforms
- Strong visual and brainstorming skills, with the ability to confidently sketch interfaces in cross functional collaborative teams
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Mobile, web and responsive environment experience
- Knowledge of prototyping and design tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Invision and Figma
- Consulting or professional service experience
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.