Senior Product Designer
Here at MindLabs, we're driven by a simple but powerful goal: to make the world a happier place. Almost everyone experiences a mental health problem at some point in their lives, whether it’s through stress, anxiety or depression. In a time where it’s become expected to take care of your physical health, there’s still a stigma associated with taking care of your mind. We want to change that, and we need your help.
We’re building the first live mental health platform. We help people feel calmer and more relaxed by serving them engaging live classes led by qualified instructors and therapists.
We are looking for a creative, highly-motivated Senior Product Designer to drive the brand’s creative direction and create beautiful user experiences across all major platforms we operate on, initially only on mobile. Our distinctive branding plays a key role in differentiating MindLabs as a new-wave, scientifically-backed solution for mental health problems.
As our first Design hire, you will be responsible for ideating, wireframing and prototyping our upcoming mobile applications for iOS as well as Android. As an excellent collaborator and communicator you will be a core member of the product team, creating interfaces that are attractive, usable and reflect MindLabs’s brand identity. You’ll work closely alongside our iOS Engineer and Head of Engineering in crafting a consumer experience that really helps to solve an important problem. This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your wide range of skills and own all facets of the design process.
- Design a stunning mobile product and user interface for our mobile apps
- Deliver final UI design, concepts, flows, prototypes and components and help evolve our design system and processes
- Conduct user research, continuously improve, A/B test and iterate your designs
- Understand the business objectives and distil these into beautiful and creative solutions across the company
- Be a design facilitator, building strong relationships with the Product team and beyond as you share your design expertise
- An impressive portfolio of design work demonstrating user-centered design principles
- Thorough understanding of interface design processes, prototyping and data visualisation
- Experience developing complex design systems for mobile applications, always thinking about the small screen first
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research throughout the development cycle
- Strong experience with tools like Figma, Storybook and Adobe CC
- An independent and self-driven approach with excellent communication skills
- An open attitude to receiving constructive feedback
- Strong interest and passion for mental health and well-being
Working At MindLabs
We think that in order to change the world, you need to first believe that you can change the world. And so our team are fundamentally optimists by nature.
Everything we do is for our users, and because we're helping to improve something as important as their mental health, we make sure to craft products with the utmost care and highest attention to detail.
But most importantly, we want you to have fun while you're doing your life's work. We promote your wellbeing with regular socials, daily classes live in our office, industry-leading perks and generous compensation, so you can rest assured knowing you'll be surrounded by teammates who are just as motivated as you are to change the world for the better.
We also offer some amazing benefits to attract only the best:
- Holidays: 27 days paid holiday every year (excluding bank holidays). And we want you to use them all!
- Stock Option Scheme: We run an employee share option scheme so you can have ownership in the company's future
- Family: 22 weeks at 100% full pay for the primary caregiver (if you've worked for us for over 52 weeks)
- Mental Health: Free opt-out mental health coaching, daily mind classes and an in-office massage every month
- Birthdays: Have a day off on your birthday (on us) and the best cake in London to celebrate!
- Work From Home: We have a flexible working policy and company-wide work from home days
- Pension: We add an extra 3% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month
- Equipment: We give you all the tools you need to work effectively, including a new MacBook, monitor and keyboard
- Socials: Regular socials, fun activities and yearly retreats (all optional, but we'd love for you to be there)
- Referral Bonus: We'll pay you £1,000 for every new team member you refer after they pass their probation