Seegrid is embracing a remote workforce, so this position can be remotely located anywhere in the US or at HQ in Pittsburgh, PA.
Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles and user-friendly, enterprise software solutions. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions. Today, Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 for the world’s largest brands. Global leaders in manufacturing, distribution, and e-commerce fulfillment rely on Seegrid’s full suite of solutions and services, including vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart—our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. Are you ready to transform the future?
How might we build trust when we introduce self-driving forklifts and tuggers to factories and warehouses? How might we design our interface touchpoints to be more approachable and intuitive for floor operators? These questions and more are the kinds of challenges that designers at Seegrid explore every day. We are looking for designers who can roll up their sleeves, grab a pair of steel-toe boots, and get in there with our customers to shape the next industrial revolution with Seegrid’s fully automated, self-driving vehicles.
About the Role:
As a UX designer on a multidisciplinary design team, you will work alongside fellow designers, researchers, and strategists to support product development and service design. This includes examining a key customer’s end-to-end journey, forming a strategy to transform that journey, running experiments to prototype and test design hypotheses, and iterating on interaction and visual designs based on customer feedback. Throughout the design process, you will partner with key stakeholders across the organization including product management, engineering, marketing, and customer service teams to advance the customer journey.
You should have:
- A passion for sharing research insights through compelling storytelling
- Experience designing products that have shipped and iterating for outcomes towards business objectives
- Experience framing strong rationales for design decisions that persuade peers
- Demonstrated fluency in user research and testing, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design
- Strong grasp of human factors and usability principles (ergonomics, usability heuristics, designing for web/mobile platforms, etc.)
- Portfolio of work showcasing design projects with clear goals and measured outcomes
- Fluency in prototyping tools like Figma and Sketch
- A bachelor's, master's or PhD degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, industrial design, or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What’s in it for you:
- Work with self-driving vehicles and shape the next wave of industrial technology at a leading robotics startup
- Be a part of a collaborative and creative design team that encourages growth and experimentation
- Have a healthy work-life balance in a company voted top workplace in Pittsburgh with great benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.