Lead UI & UX Designer
The Lead UI/UX Designer will prototype, design, and work with engineers and artists to implement user interfaces, and various intractable elements of the REAL System. The role will provide guidance and direction to other UI/UX Designers as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Product Management, lead our UI/UX strategy and help to define user requirements.
- Work with designers and customers to gather user requirements.
- With guidance from Product, rapidly prototype design ideas and iterate through rough sketches, wire frames, and eventually polished content.
- Observe or run end-user tests and make recommendations based on observations.
- Apply key customer feedback to help improve the product in subsequent releases.
- As the business needs grow, the role will be expected to hire and lead a small team of UI/UX Designers.
- As discipline lead, the role will be expected to lead multiple design projects at once, establish and update UX design processes and mentor junior designers.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience, and a minimum of two shipped commercial products, with at least one on a tablet, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additional qualifications:
- Expertise with Sketch or Invision (or equivalents) and various rapid prototyping tools
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and highly developed teamwork skills are required
- Medical device, pharmaceutical, biotech, or other regulated industry experience desired
- Experience as a People Manager is desired
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize assignments while handling various projects simultaneously
- General office environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.