Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the Role:
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to design features and experiences that meet our users’ needs. You will create interfaces and workflows to enhance the user experience for internal and external customers.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs with empathy — and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and UI design is essential.
We’re looking for someone who can collaborate as well as take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into user flows and prototypes.
- Find creative ways to solve usability problems
- Provide clean, modern visual designs for UI
- While following brand guidelines, help expand our visual language into the product
- Develop task flows, wireframes, and prototypes around customer needs
- Collaborate with UX and Visual Designers to create attractive, intuitive, user-friendly software
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects with the ability to manage your own time
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design or a similar discipline related to understanding users
- 3+ years experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer or similar role
- Strong understanding of user interface and interaction design best practices
- Excellent visual design skills - demonstrating a clean, modern, friendly aesthetic
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in product design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, Balsamiq)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS; Experience working with front-end developers
- Experience with B2B product development
- Experience designing tools that ease a user’s daily workflow
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.