Karshare is looking for an experienced and passionate UX/UI Designer who excels at user-centric product development to help design the future of car sharing. This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is changing the way we use cars. We’re one of the UK's fastest growing car sharing communities enabling owners to share their vehicles all through the use of our app.
You’ll be working alongside talented and passionate product managers, and alongside our engineering team. This is a great opportunity to bring your experience and passion to help develop a platform capable of inspiring owners and renters to become our greatest advocates. We want people to rave about the experience as much as the concept.
Your Job Responsibilities
• Create usable, beautiful and intuitive interface designs cross-platform that will make users come back for more.
• Champion the user's experience, advocating for user-centred visual design, being proactive about investing in last-mile refinement and polish.
• Deliver compelling, approachable and intuitive cross-platform user experiences as we build our industry leading product. You will work in partnership with the product and engineering team to implement UI patterns and ensure visual consistency across all products.
• Transform ideas into creative, simple and responsive designs under technology and time constraints, working closely with peers in Product, Engineering, Marketing and Operations.
• Understand and incorporate user feedback and business requirements into elegant design solutions based on data, trends, and industry best practices.
• Manage and add to our Figma design system, keeping it up to date.
• Document and maintain UI design specifications and templates.
• Contribute to not just UI design, but also to our UX practice when needed.
Your Skill Set
• Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem.
• Have hands-on experience creating visually appealing, pixel-perfect designs across complex web and mobile interfaces.
• Have a strong foundation of visual interface design including typography, iconography, colour theory, illustration, and visual design systems – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
• Be a design thinker- go beyond the visuals to truly understand the problem at hand. Have an understanding of the end-to-end UX design process.
• Have a strong eye for detail, craft and consistency.
• Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale.
• Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
• Be motivated by data – whether it’s analysing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test – you balance your instincts with data outcomes.
• Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action – able to work through ambiguity, deadline pressures and manage multiple projects at once.
• Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire Product team on the evolution of visual trends, tools and emerging technologies.
• 5+ years of experience on working on visual interface design and mobile apps with a track record of successfully shipping products.
• Proficient with Figma, and design systems.
• Proficient in prototyping apps like Principle, Framer, FrameX
• Portfolio showcasing examples of mobile design, visual design and user-centred design thinking.
Work at Karshare
Our head office is located in Soho – London. It’s actually Banksy’s old office.Very flexible remote working.
Post Covid to support collaboration - 3 days in the office / 2 from home would be ideal.