Swappie is looking for two experienced UX Designers to join the growing tech team.
Swappie is one of the fastest growing B2C scale ups in Europe. We are building an end-to-end market place for refurbished smartphones bringing the circular smartphone economy to the masses. To make this happen, we need to understand our users (both internal and external) and make their experience as smooth as possible with state-of-the-art tech products. If you are passionate about design, we are offering a unique opportunity to leave your mark by creating spectacular user experiences and beautiful designs to our products by joining the team as a UX Designer.
What we offer
- A fast growing company in an interesting industry where you can make a true impact
- Interesting and challenging tasks where you can perform a wide range of different aspects of design
- A growing team, meaning you have the opportunity to develop the ways of working
- A small, but growing team provides great career opportunities
- Significant personal impact on our product, as well as on our customers and our business
What you will work on
- Design at all stages of product development, including the overall responsibility of the big picture, to designing graphic assets to developers
- Creating high-fidelity, pixel perfect designs
- Validating the designs by testing with mock-ups and prototypes
- Having end-to-end design responsibility for different product features and concepts
- Working closely with the product manager in the discovery phase
- Iterating your solutions with developers and product managers
The UX Designer will work in a product team comprising a product manager and developers and of course cooperate with other design team members. Projects, teams and stakeholders vary keeping the work versatile. Some examples of tasks you will work with include:
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have:
- 5+ years of UX work experience (preferably worked with a variety of different projects)
- Ability to design at all stages of product development
- Knowledge of modern design tools (Sketch, Principle, Invision, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Good cooperation and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Conducting user research
- Building concepts and rough sketches
- Creating prototypes of varying fidelity
- Delivering designs for final user-facing product
In addition, it is an advantage if you have experience with design systems, front-end development, and/or working with e-commerce solutions.
- A unique opportunity to join our growing 400+ person team in one of the fastest growing scale-ups in Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Supportive & low-hierarchy team
- Competitive salary & great option package
- Brand new office in Helsinki, Ruoholahti with a rooftop terrace and a sauna
- Opportunity to choose your own working devices
- Healthcare, lunch and gym benefits, phone discounts, company events and much more!
Are you interested? We are looking forward to hearing from you by Sunday the 15th of November. Please note that we will fill in these positions as fast as we find the right candidates. If you have any questions about the role, we are happy to reply to you at email@example.com.
Swappie is a high growth technology company based in Helsinki, Finland, building an end-to-end marketplace for refurbished smartphones. We’re currently in hyper growth mode and expanding our operations across Europe, bringing the circular smartphone economy to the masses. We want to change the way people think about refurbished smartphones and promote a more sustainable alternative.
Since launching in Finland 2016, we have grown extremely fast and have raised funding from some of the most prestigious investors in Finland, for example Lifeline Ventures (early investor of mobile gaming giant Supercell) and Reaktor Ventures. Currently we are launched in 9 countries and our plan is to expand to 22 countries by 2023. Our team has grown to over 400 employees and our plan is to hire an additional 400 employees within the next year.
Swappie has also won numerous international business awards, including Growth Builder of the Year 2020, the Finnish Innovation Fund’s award for contribution to the circular economy and appearing on Wired’s list of hottest startups in Helsinki.
Sounds like the place for you? Join us! 🚀