Lead Product Designer
This is a unique opportunity to join as an early employee at a startup with significant revenue and traction.
At Precious, we are passionate about making families happier and stronger.
Parents take thousands of photos of their kids. Our mobile app uses AI to transform that mess into the perfect digital album, which is shared with family. Our product delivers joy and brings families closer together. Learn more at our TechCrunch article: https://tcrn.ch/2E2lMLt
We're a 6-person team backed by YCombinator and Sesame Street. We have 80,000 paid subscribers and are profitable.
We’re looking for our first Product Designer. You will be a generalist and play a critical role in the entire product cycle. You’ll have tremendous impact on product strategy, and you’ll take ownership of all aspects of the design process—including research, wireframing/prototyping, UX, and visual design. As our first dedicated Product Designer, you’ll collaborate closely with our founders, full stack engineers, and graphic designer.
# Apply if you want to
• Build a product that brings joy to parents & families.
• Join as an early employee at a venture-backed startup.
• Define product strategy with founders.
• Influence every aspect of the product.
• Own the end-to-end design process – from research to UX iteration to visual execution.
• Design and prototype multiple ideas rapidly to gain feedback from users and validate hypotheses.
• Simplify complicated features into easy to use UX solutions.
• Conduct UX research and customer conversations — focusing on flows and experiences, not just screens.
• Collaborate closely in a small team to launch well-crafted user experiences.
• Influence your company culture from the start.
# What you bring
• Passion to improve the lives of parents, kids, and their extended families.
• 3+ years work experience. Ideal past experience includes mobile UX / UI and user research.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to join a small and fast-moving team.
• Strong portfolio that exhibits mastery of design principles, attention to detail, and execution across the full design process.
• Proficiency with mobile design including best practices and UX conventions
• Ability to bring flows to life through prototyping and test them with users
• Belief that the best products are uncovered through iteration and deep user empathy.
• Collaborative approach between product, design, and engineering.
• Eagerness to give and receive feedback.
# About us
• Our CEO has 2 young kids. Our general office hours are 10am-5pm, but we are flexible. We believe in the importance of time with family and friends.
• We are scrappy and relentless.
• We try to work with no BS and no ego.
• Learn more about our culture here - https://www.keyvalues.com/precious
• Our purpose is to make families happier & stronger.
Finally, we strongly encourage women, men, parents, non-parents, and people of all ethnicities and sexual orientations to apply.
Apply on Angelist or email me (the CEO & co-founder) directly at chris at preciousapp dot com.