Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching, physical therapy, and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we’re poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 400+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for an experienced, mission-driven, UX Writer to join our Design team. In this role you will use your gift for language to create intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals. Our product language is the nexus where the needs of many goals, inputs, and requirements come together, and connect our users with our products and our brand for measurable positive results.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating content for software, mobile apps, out of box experiences, quick start guides, and other product-based, user-focused short form writing. Ideally you have experience creating and expanding a writing vocabulary and style, and helping others understand how to think about and use it.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback. Bring a user-centered UX writing perspective throughout the product development process, improving the overall experience and ensuring consistency.
- Use writing and editing skills to write user interface text that facilitates user navigation, including on-boarding, notifications, error messages, instructional content, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Understand our business, our diverse users, our stakeholders, and our products. Assess what we have now and how we are using language and propose a new style guide. This will include creating and advocating for a clear and approachable style of language that best communicates our mission externally, and guides internal conversations.
- Develop and drive a vision for product language, tone of voice, and content across product and subject-matter domains, and ensure cohesive narratives. Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Contribute to the vocabulary and tone of content used in education, coaching, and clinical dialogs as well as marketing and user outreach.
- Manage projects from initial needs assessment through to implementation; identify opportunities, establish priorities, secure resources, and involve stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with designers, researchers, clinicians, product partners, and marketing colleagues to create our products and materials, and connect with our users. Your words will contribute directly to our users’ success with their health goals, and to our brand and business goals.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience: Must have at least 8 years of experience in UX writing or equivalent.
- Problem solving: Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills. Ability to efficiently explore a range of options and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, then shape creative ideas into practical and commercially attractive deliverables for customers.
- Analytical: Asks the proper questions to understand the problem. Thinks of the bigger picture; appropriately challenges assumptions.
- Communication: Ability to crystallize and communicate ideas clearly and effectively. As well as being able to write clearly for a diverse user population.
- Empathy: Seeks to understand user goals, motivations and obstacles. Understands our programs, how they are deployed and used; motivated by increasing usability and effectiveness.
- Poise: Able to balance multiple inputs and create high quality content in a fast-paced, delivery-minded culture. Able to champion effective and efficient communication, and guide others in its use. Able to balance diverse user needs in combination with our clients’ goals and our business drivers.
- Experience in the health, wellness, fitness and/or medical sectors
- Experience creating content and guidelines for copy that is localized
- Experience writing for mobile consumption
- Experience writing content for both B2B and B2C audiences, for product and/or marketing
- Experience editing and/or guiding the work of other writers
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.