Senior Product Designer
You are a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited about tackling some very concrete and commercial design needs for the Farfetch Platform Solutions unit. You are able to support brand partner website teams in both building and optimisation processes. You are comfortable facing multiple internal stakeholders and most importantly clients, while juggling their business interests and the user voice. You have a diverse background and a keen eye for detail that allows you to accomplish some high fidelity tasks such as extending a pre-existing layout with new functionality while keeping the initial editorial vision intact. You have either design or product relevant training and significant experience in e-commerce. You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re able to work productively with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners.
What You´ll Do
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers;
- Articulate findings and build cases for improvement for existing Farfetch Platform Solutions websites;
- Support the product team in advocating adoption of new platform features;
- Bridge efforts and foster sharing of concrete knowledge between consumer and platform team;
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent, and evangelize best practices learned from the Farfetch portal;
- Review mockups from a multitude of creative agencies around the world for each new brand and help shape editorial layouts into user centric interactive models by improving usability;
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design choices taking into account the challenges of facing partners directly;
- Conduct yearly audits of existing websites, by doing usability research and leveraging data digests from our analyst teams;
- Create metrics around user satisfaction to challenge pre existing biases on user behavior;
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team;
- Be fully accountable for projects assigned to you and serve as a sign off point from a design standpoint.
Who You Are
- You take several steps back to see the full picture and think about the wider experience. Our users think beyond their browser window, and so do we;
- You design based on evidence and you’re always unbiased;
- You prototype to test and learn;
- You can prove the impact of your designs, you think lean, and you’re comfortable with pivoting;
- You're a critical thinker who's able to provide constructive and actionable critique;
- You're an equally adept listener who's able to take feedback onboard and iterate accordingly;
- You’re resilient and can cope with change. We’re a rapidly growing team in a fast paced global business and we sometimes change course.You’re inquisitive with a clear appetite to learn new, complex things. Every day you might be learning new things about luxury fashion, merchandising, pricing or logistics;
- You’re a team player and you recognise the value of collaboration;
- You can lead by example and empower others to find their own path;
- You’re able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices. We’re a global team with centres in London, Lisbon and Porto.
We are looking for a senior product designer for our Farfetch Platform Solution Design team, which is responsible for designing the experiences that help our partners leverage the power of the Farfetch platform. You would work hard to understand user needs and champion them throughout the product design process, producing tools that enable our partners to do their best work. As part of a global team, you would be shaping the digital experience of the fashion industry by pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible and applying revolutionary thinking to everything we do.