Senior Product Designer
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Here at Confluent we’re building a streaming platform that’s changing the way people access and use data in real-time. What we’re making is already at the heart of thousands of companies and has led to a whole new generation of incredibly smart software that’s integrated into many aspects of our daily lives including banking, entertainment, transportation, health care, and more.
We’re seeking a versatile, hands-on Designer who loves problem solving, is strong visually, and is excited to lead strategic efforts.
- Use design to make our data streaming technology easy to understand and use.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful solutions for our customers.
- Contribute to our product strategy with a keen understanding of customer goals, business goals, and our platform capabilities.
- Design experiences and workflows that are incredibly simple, elegant, and delightful.
- Give and solicit feedback from stakeholders. Continuously raise our bar for quality and polish.
- Partner with all functional groups to bring new product experiences to market, track our success, and iterate.
- Ability to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop features.
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation for technical details.
- Excellent craftsmanship.
- Extreme attention to detail when it comes to construction of UI, systematic solutions, and workflows.
- Comfortable iterating rapidly at low fidelity.
- Thrives off giving and receiving excellent feedback.
- Skilled at producing realistic prototypes to communicate your ideas around interaction design is a plus. Web development experience is a plus.
- A portfolio or link to examples showing your process, eye for aesthetics, and depth of design work.
- 6+ years working as a Product Designer.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.