Hopin is seeking a digital product designer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
We're excited to work with someone who is proactive, highly motivated, comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're currently a team of +140, and you will be working with a growing team of senior product designers.
- Sketch out quick layouts with our design system bricks, to get the team conversation started
- Iterate on the feedback of the team, improving the quality and developing the experience as you go
- Develop prototypes and communicate with engineers to make sure the product comes out hi-fi
- Independently run UI and UX tests to ensure we’re shipping the best interaction possible
- Balance visual design, information architecture and interaction design.
- Deliver final UX/UI design
- Design new features while also improving the existing UX of the application
- Join forces with our in-house team of product designers, and 2 external design agencies to ensure coherence over the full user journey
You’ll need to have
- Your portfolio shows 3+ years of experience in interface design
- You have a very good sense of hierarchy, visual balance, and use of typography
- Solid understanding of accessible and user centered design process
- Proficiency with current industry standard design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Protopie, Principle…)
- Pride in your work, but you are flexible in making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin
- You’re proactive at seeking feedback and explaining designs to engineers, product managers and other designers
- You’re willing to grow your UX, Service Design or Interaction skills
- You’re willing to build Hopin Design culture with us
We’re looking for experience in:
- Remote working
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies (mobile or web)
- Close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Previous experience with a video platform.
- Experience working within design systems (Atomic, Lightning, Carbon...etc).
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Work laptop - Macbook Pro or DELL XPS
- 800 USD to improve your home-office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.