Senior UX Designer
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing Marketplace Team. The Senior UX Designer, Marketplace will work collaboratively with art, design, engineering, and production to rally around a consistent vision for the user experience and user interface of Mythical’s Marketplace products. This position could be based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and were continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Managers to translate Marketplace product and feature requirements into experiences.
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Create wireframes to communicate functional needs and flow for UI design
- Establish preliminary patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions.
- Iterate and evolve designs based on user feedback.
- Ensure consistency, authenticity, and harmony across all systems, user experience, and user interfaces.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Coordinate with developers to architect technical requirements for features and ongoing design iterations
- Manage the necessary user-experience between all aspects of the marketplace and the game via cross-team collaboration, such as; audio, accessibility, UI design, development, etc
- Work with PM to define user stories and journey map
- Manage user-research and user-testing
- Experience working as a UX designer in marketplace, e-commerce, fintech, and/or an interactive design field.
- Ability to manage heuristic evaluations, user-testing, and user-research
- Ability to present multiple solutions to a single problem
- Experience designing UX for multiple shipped AAA products.
- Strong understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles.
- Strong knowledge of the UX process and usability design principles.
- Strong knowledge of PC/Console-specific design patterns.
- Track record of success in highly ambiguous and unstructured environments
- Ability to think creatively about solving problems and approach challenges with multiple solutions
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement marketplace concepts using various tools, technology, and visual language.
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Ability to create interactive walkthroughs in InVision, Adobe XD (or any walkthrough tool) to present the flow of screens
- Proficient in multiple design tools (Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, or Flinto).
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX specific projects with Case Studies on at least 3 projects
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)