Senior UX Copywriter
Vimeo is looking for a Senior Product + UX Copywriter partner with Vimeo designers, product managers, engineers, and product marketers to think conceptually and strategically about copy for web and mobile interfaces, and to craft clear and compelling product messaging. Reporting into the VP of UX + Design, you will work alongside another copywriter to analyze the current product voice, strategize whatever innovative approach is needed, and then implement and continually improve that content. An ideal candidate strives for strong and impactful UX language, has a passion for design, and loves strategy as much as writing, testing, and iterating.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product education materials, product names, navigational nomenclature and other content
- Play a key role in the product discovery and development process, working hand-in-hand with design, product, research, and BI to craft product copy
- Work as part of a focused UX team to lift the key business metrics that help Vimeo to grow
- Work across various product teams to build and support a unified voice across our customer experience
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Regularly audit copy as it exists on legacy sections of the site and suggest changes
- Work with other product and brand copywriters across Vimeo to ensure a consistent voice
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in our product and policies
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Proven experience as a UX copywriter for SaaS products
- Demonstration of clear and concise product copy
- Experience supporting the full product development process, from vision to launch to iteration
- Experience working directly with product managers, designers, and product marketing to build compelling product experiences
- Experience translating complex product and business concepts into simple and engaging copy
- Proven leadership, leading with empathy, both for users and employees
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.