Lead UX Writer
We’re Melio, a TLV-based startup on a mission to keep small businesses in business. Our online payment solution enables small businesses in the US to pay their bills in more efficient ways that improve their finances and free them up to focus more on managing the business they love.
Backed by top-tier VCs, we have a unique approach to small business payments and aim to make B2B payments as simple and easy as peer-to-peer payment apps. We’re growing fast and looking for enthusiastic team players.
Can you write content that is clear, concise and useful? Would you like to guide our users through our product and help create a seamless experience for them? Are you a native-level English speaker?
We need a Lead UX Writer to help us level up. You will drive UX writing initiatives across our core payment platform to deliver unforgettable experiences that delight SMBs across the US while creating business value and a massive impact.
UX writing is one of the growing areas in our team. As part of a cross-functional team, you’ll be working closely with UX designers to craft user journeys and design content that meets our users where they are and guides them to where they want to go.
As a member of the Product Design team, you will develop systems, guidelines, best practices, and workflows that improve our ways of working and how we work with other teams.
How you’ll make an impact
- Leading UX writing projects across different teams; product managers, product designers, stakeholders and growth to contribute to the development of the UX writing craft at Melio.
- Bring the perspective and insights of an experienced writer, content strategist, UX advocate, and Editor to the process.
- Establish frameworks that hold our product communication to a high standard of clarity, effectiveness, and style in our web and mobile experiences including onboarding flows, interaction flows, labels, error messages, transactional emails, and educational materials.
- Work with other UX writers to maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines, create content best practices and develop ways of working together.
- Conduct product and user research.
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle, including content audits and gap analysis.
- Advocate for clear, understandable, human language in product design.
What we would love to see
- A portfolio that demonstrates a history of successful projects and their outcomes.
- 3+ years of experience working as a UX writer or content strategist at leading product companies.
- You are relentlessly user focused.
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills. Native proficiency is a must.
- Can edit existing work or create new copy with input from stakeholders.
- Can write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tool tips, headlines, intro copy, error messages.
- Can embrace a fast-paced, iterative work environment.
- Has amazing coaching skills to help other UX Writers in the team to level up their skills and knowledge.
- Experience working with design tools like Figma, Sketch and Miro.
If you’re still nodding your head in agreement and this seems like a good fit, don’t hesitate to reach out—we’re looking for you!