Operation UX Specialist
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
What will be your impact
To Develop, optimize and document Infarm global operational system bridging hardware, software and operational workflow with a user centric design process.
- Proactive,Creative, curious and open minded individual
- Willing to learn and open for failure.
- With a background in either/or:
- UX Design research
- Industrial Engineering
- Human Factor Engineering
- Extensive +3 years of field experience on various levels.
- Able to demonstrate a relevant workflow design, study or optimization experience through a case study or portfolio.
- Experienced with a lean operation workflow is a strong plus.
- Proficient with basic Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Proficient with Confluence & Jira as documentation tools.
- Document & review operational workflow design.
- Deliver detailed operational documentation (user manual) to be used across all infarm locations in more than 10 countries
- Ensure follow-up with key stakeholders from Design, Opex, Academy, Product.
- Conduct holistic operational UX field studies:
- Gather and communicate: user pain points, business needs, using relevant user centric design methodology tools (In depth interview, user shadowing, user diary, workshop etc).
- Support and advise the Design team, Operational Excellence team, Product team with Field Objective Data (timing, workfload,..).
- Map the current state of operational workflow with user journey, task analysis and hazard analysis.
- Clearly communicate the outcome of the field insights and user pain points to the relevant stakeholders through comprehensive presentations and reports.
- Support the design and operation team with workflow concept ideation including software, hardware & operational workflow design direction.
- Visualise & communicate new potential directions using relevant methods (sketch, flowchart, render, UI prototype, videos…)
- Support the UI/UX design team and Industrial design team, advising on field user needs, tools ergonomics,
- Conduct operational concept usability testing.
- Define usability testing protocol with success measurement
- Document and communicate outcomes to the project stakeholders.
- Assess new direction impact on Unit Economics.
What we offer
- Support in learning new tools and skills training to develop your professional capabilities.
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Please send inquiries with your resume and portfolios (web or pdf, etc). Make sure to at least integrate a link to your portfolio in your CV or resume. Applications with no portfolio will be disregarded. If your portfolio is a PDF, add a download link in your Resume or application letter.