Research Operations Manager
As our first Research Operations Manager your primary goal is to enable the growing ranks of teams doing research. To that end you will work with processes, tools and stakeholders to improve research efficiency and throughput. The role is tasked with developing, measuring, testing and implementing initiatives to enable ease in research logistics, storage and retrieval. As the Research Operations Manager you will be a key partner, empowered to do everything you can to make the process of doing research at CircleCI accessible to all practitioners.
The Research Operations Manager will work closely day-to-day with their primary stakeholder, the Research Team.
About Research at CircleCI
In addition to a dedicated research team, we encourage our designers, product managers, marketers and more to do research. Our research practice is focused on understanding the practice of modern software development and empowering teams to ship code quickly and safely. As a leading CI platform, we are in a unique position to change the way development teams turn code into software and we do that by building a deep understanding of the people who work across all areas of CircleCI's products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Lead service design of the full research participant experience including communication, scheduling, and incentives
- Grow and promote the CircleCI research panel through advertising, blog posts, forums, and other creative methods
- Work with product teams to recruit and manage their research study participants
- Create and own a system for tracking individual participation across studies
- Ensure data privacy of our participants
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to build our system for inputting, storing and retrieving research findings
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years work experience in a research setting or coordination work in the tech industry
- Process-savvy with a passion for planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation
- Familiarity with UX research methods, and their role in product development, with an emphasis on participant recruitment tactics and strategies.
- Values working closely with User Experience researchers and designers
- Work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently; working across diverse timezones and cultures.
- Comfortable with UX research software, such as Qualtrics, Salesforce, Amplitude, Mailjet and Figma; experience with relevant project management tools, such as JIRA or Asana.
- Past experience in lab/research management
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Experience working on distributed teams
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience driving results with Developer Tools
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, PolySci, Econ, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.