Senior Product Designer
Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- A talented Senior Product Designer who will bring consumer product virtues to our enterprise offering. They have proven skills in conceptual design, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design. They are comfortable owning all stages of design. They collaborate well with engineers and product managers to design and implement simple solutions to challenging and highly technical problems. They’re skilled communicators who apply an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Take lead on all aspects of design (including user research, UX design, visual design, and prototyping) within our Enterprise team
- Collaborate independently with Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads to inform roadmap and then execute on concepts, research, and delivery
- Be data-driven and have a strong desire to constantly improve the MasterClass product experience
- Design and participate in user research studies to validate hypotheses and ensure product usability and consistency
- Build and communicate a well-informed, compelling vision for your product area
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the MasterClass Design System
- Provide direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team, helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
- 7+ years of experience in user experience, visual design, and prototyping for consumer web/mobile interfaces, with at least 2 years in a growth-specific role
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation and testing are valued
- Attention to detail and strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, and clear design feedback
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions and drive meaningful product value
- Highly developed presentation and storytelling skills
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.