Digital Product Designer
Crema’s designers are passionately curious, humbly confident, and possibility-oriented individuals eager to work with others to bring great experiences into the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beautiful and purposeful design. This person is highly creative, and is obsessed with designing interfaces that are both aesthetically pleasing and usable. We want someone who helps create the right solutions so that we can design & build the best product experiences for our clients.
This position will be responsible for designing custom interfaces for multiple platforms and views; any project that is viewed on a screen will be touched by this person. And since we create web and mobile applications, that means you will have an impact on every project that comes through our doors.
- Work closely with other members of the production team to create designs, concepts, layouts, interfaces and an overall creative strategy that reflects our creative expertise while meeting the client’s goals.
- Provide elegant, meaningful digital experience designs, including photos, color, typography, graphics, information flow, and layout.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development team. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, meet with stakeholders to discuss requirements, demonstrating user-centered designs and receiving feedback on draft sites.
- Work with the production team to continually review and improve the outcomes of web and mobile applications.
- At times, conceptualize and design brand assets for Crema clients in conjunction with, or separate from, application projects.
- Serve alongside all team members of Crema, attending and participating in team meetings as needed.
- Work closely with the design team to research and identify design best practices, stay current on design trends, and "think differently".
- Provide excellent customer service to all Crema stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Provide assistance on special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with common design concepts such as: user-centered design, value-centered design, double-diamond
- Understanding of common design principles including accessibility, color combination, imagery, typography, visual composition, hierarchy, flow, and brand.
- Understanding of design-related applied research methodologies
- Familiar with and able to adjust problem-solving approaches as necessary
- Proficient with common design tools like: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, InVision, Framer, or other prototyping tools
- Work well with the product team to define questions, expectations, and scenarios to be researched, in competitive, generative, and evaluative research stages.
- Facilitate design-related input and feedback sessions
- Create wireframes, mockups, user flows, process flows, and site maps as necessary to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Experiment & iterate quickly using a variety of tools including whiteboards (digital and physical), paper, and pixels.
- Design well within a range of constraints—from unknown to very restrictive, business to technical, and stable to shifting.
- Participate in craft- and Crema-related content creation
- Understand project goals and meaningfully synthesize them into cohesive digital experiences
- Clearly present work as appropriate, including designing the presentation itself, preparing work for presentation, discussing the work, and thoughtfully responding to feedback.
- Clearly communicate in written, verbal, and non-verbal forms
- Able to jump into ambiguous situations and help define a path forward
- Eager to learn from anyone in any situation, coachable in times of growth and generous with experience
- Considerately refine questions, challenge assumptions, and seek additional input to drive clarity and trust
- Think critically about the problems, opportunities, solutions, and approaches for designing a product
- Can move between abstract and concrete concepts to improve clarity and drive decisions
- Take initiative to start/join projects, learn new skills, support others, and contribute to the overall well-being of Crema, its people, and its clients.
- Prioritizes time well to set expectations and deliver among several different project teams
- Work in a client/agency environment, providing strong client service
- Work in a product-centric role in addition to any UX or graphic design experience
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Ongoing learning and professional development
- Results-Based Culture with flexible work schedule
- Top-notch gear
- Professional AND casual environment
- Copious amounts of team events and outings