BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
We’re seeking a Product Designer to join our Growth and Commerce squad. As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for engaging customers to try out BrainPOP’s current consumer products, and providing them with a frictionless purchasing experience.
Creating in-app onboarding, optimizing funnels, and designing effective e-commerce will be your main focus. Your audience will be parents and guardians who are looking for quality products to meet the educational needs of their kids. You’ll work closely with brand and product designers, product and growth managers, marketers, user and data researchers, and engineers to deliver robust growth solutions.
This position requires that you have experience in rapid experimentation for conversion. We’re looking for portfolios that tell great data-driven stories about how you’ve experimented to improve onboarding, trials, and purchasing.
In this role, you will
- Design based on insights from data and research, industry best practices, understanding of business goals, while advocating for the best user experience
- Investigate and define problem areas. Help clarify and prioritize requirements.
- Execute research (discovery, exploratory) as needed
- Validate assumptions by testing and using metrics to define success
- Design and create lightweight prototypes for testing user research questions
- Initiate, implement, and conduct A/B testing
- Produce clear, robust, timely artifacts (wireframes, diagrams, flowcharts) to outline functional specifications and reasoning behind design choices
- Design high-fidelity screens and user interactions, specifications, accessibility affordances, and work with frontend developer to experiment with the design
- Design with accessibility and inclusion in mind
- Synthesize feedback from multiple sources and find a path forward
- Clearly communicate your design process and the basis for your decisions
- Contribute to our evolving design system
- Self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you may not know the answers, but will try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help
- Highly generative with solutions and next steps, proportionate to investigating questions and unknowns
- Well-practiced in communicating and collaborating to find the right answers to the right problems
- Comfortable with clearly explaining the rationale behind your design choices
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- An advocate for accessibility and inclusion
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- Data and insights-driven. You’re not afraid to ask “why” and to provide a solution. You take smart risks and champion new ideas.
On Your Resume
- 2-4 years of experience as a designer in an individual contributor role
- Excellent portfolio demonstrating that you’ve shipped solutions that have led to increased engagement and acquisition
- Experience working with applications like Google Analytics, Pendo, AppCues, MailChimp, Blueshift
- Hands-on experience working end-to-end in the product development process, from Discovery to Delivery
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Experience working in an engineering-focused organization
- Bachelor Degree in Design, HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent Design degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency with current design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Figma
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Due to COVID-19, all BrainPOP employees will be working remotely through April 2021.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.