Senior UX Designer
Wikifactory is the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of (physical) products. Our community includes designers, engineers, makers, technologists, teachers, students and enterprises. Covering industries, including robotics and drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, and smart furniture, our community spread across 180 countries and has published over 2500 open source hardware design projects on the platform.
Once headquartered in Madrid with offices in Shenzhen, Wikifactory's team members are now distributed across Europe and China, and on a mission to connect the productive capacity of smart manufacturing with the creative potential of product developers, through open standards and accessible applications - an "Internet of Production".
As Senior UX Designer, you will be working closely with the Head of Product at a strategic level to understand and frame what we need to build. You will be driving ongoing user research, designing low/medium fidelity interactive prototypes and testing these with design partners and customers, as well as collaborating with a UI Designer and UI Developer with the goal to create best in class product experiences. More specifically you will:
- Execute end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Analyse how users interact with our products, and present data-driven solutions to increase conversions.
- Define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs.
- Validate design and interactive prototypes with design partners.
What you bring
- 5+ years in UX or Interaction Design with heavy emphasis on both human-centred as well as data-driven design methods.
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions.
- Experience working in an iterative and agile development environment.
- Experience designing community platforms and features.
- Experience working in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering contexts.
- Experience designing applications for the Manufacturing sector.
How to Apply
Please send an email to: email@example.com, and include...
- A brief note introducing yourself and explaining why we caught your interest
- Your resume or a link to it (LinkedIn is fine)
- A link to your portfolio and a piece of work you're particularly proud of, with a description of why you're proud of it.