Hummingbird was founded in 2016 and is the only remote sensing business in UK agriculture to use artificial intelligence which gathers information from drone, plane and satellite technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology, to enable precision agriculture.
We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field and were recently awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures and Velcourt, the UK’s largest commercial farming operation. It also has tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
- You love using your UI design skills to create beautifully designed products that solve real user needs.
- You relish the challenge of breaking down complex, jargon heavy tasks, into clear, visually compelling user journeys.
- You’re eager to understand how busy, hard-to-reach users from many cultures and backgrounds work. You’re a visual designer at heart with a demonstrable interest in solving complex problems in creative ways. You’re proactive when dealing with ambiguity and will call out key assumptions you’ve made in your designs.
- Gather and evaluate customer and user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- You’re a designer with a strong design process and unfailing attention to detail where it matters. However, when the pace is up, you’re pragmatic, commercially-minded and keen to deliver in iterations.
- You’ll sit in the Product Team, working globally and interacting with all parts of the business, without boundaries.
- Proven experience of working as a UI, UX, Visual Designer or Product Designer, ideally in enterprise software products;
- A portfolio that clearly shows the problems you have solved through design;
- Experience creating a pattern library and building other key components of a design system;
- You have mastered a full toolbox of design techniques from pen and paper to wireframing to pixel perfect interfaces;
- You have worked extensively with software engineers using agile methodologies;
- Expert working through all stages and iterations of the design process.
- Experience working with products that use analytics and data visualizations to inform decisions.
- You can talk to us about (at least) 2 large design projects you have played a key role in involving significant ambiguity, challenges, budget, teamwork and impact.
Extra points from us for being able to demonstrate an interest in any of the following: data visualisation, analytics, agriculture (or grew up on a farm!).
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Learning & development allowance