UI/UX Design Trainer
Re:Coded is a fast growing education non-profit with a mission to bridge the world's digital inequality divide by giving anyone, anywhere, a chance to join and thrive in the digital economy. We offer transformative learning experiences to talented youth in underserved communities with core technical and non-technical skill-sets demanded by industry. We currently work in Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, and Yemen and have been recognized in publications including CNN, BBC, Le Monde and Reuters as one of the most innovative education and employment models for refugees and under-served youth in the Middle East.
Overview of Role
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer with 2+ years of professional experience in industry to help us deliver our UX/UI Bootcamp curriculum online in English. This is an ideal role for someone that is passionate about design and wants to utilize their expertise to change the lives of individuals seeking to break into the UX/UI world. As part of your position, you will teach design terminology with a focus on preparing students to build the skills and knowledge base to help students land a position in the UX/UI field.
- Deliver lectures up to three times per week to the students and facilitate peer-to-peer critique.
- Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning.
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Leverage passion as a force for motivation by sharing what you are passionate about with your students and working those topics into lesson plans as appropriate.
- Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class.
- Provide feedback to team members by conducting weekly 1 on 1s and over-communicating on a daily basis.
- Help develop opportunities for the tech ecosystem by conducting additional workshops and training.
- Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner.
- Complete student feedback and evaluations on student progress.
Deadline to Apply: November 15 2020 at 11:59PM UTC+3
How to Apply: Please apply here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.