UX Research Lead
Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud.
Ranked #151 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, there are more than 250 Devos across our Cambridge, Mass., headquarters, our Madrid European headquarters, and in locations in the UK, and across the U.S. Devos are devoted to helping our customers—including the largest financial services, retail, manufacturing, media, technology, and government organizations—gain real-time, actionable insight from their data at cloud scale.
Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Learn more at www.devo.com.
We are looking for a talented UX Researcher to shape, define and conduct the user research at Devo, identifying the best methods based on research goals and resources.
The UX Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
This is an exciting time to join a growing UX & Product team and establish research as a core pillar of the product definition process.
- Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term research that delivers impact.
- Conduct research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage generative research, through iterative concept or prototype testing, and post-launch measurement by using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative and quantitative data to produce strategic insights, and applicable recommendations that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives.
- Build the processes and toolkit for UX research inclusive of above methods.
- Promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation.
- In-depth knowledge of driving impact through delivering actionable insights and follow through to their implementation.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of qualitative & quantitative research methods.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to have open, direct and respectful conversations so as to reach the best possible design solutions as a team.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- 6+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences.
- Previous experience with Data Analytics and Cyber Security platforms is very desirable.
Devo is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid