Senior UX Designer
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
As a Senior UX Designer for accessibility under the Design Systems team, you'll be fundamental to our product development process at Bill.com. You'll join a team dedicated to changing how small and medium businesses do business today. You'll work closely with product managers, software engineers, other designers, and user researchers to build high-quality and user-centric products for both our internal and external customers. You will apply system design principles to design the design systems with ADA compliant cross all functional teams and cross platform/device.
- Apply the best visual, interaction design principles into the design systems.
- Help define the design system roadmap for partner theming and core products.
- Consulting design alternatives with components or patterns to keep the overall experience consistent with respect to simplicity.
- Collaborate with designers across Product to ensure their design deliverables are at high quality with ADA compliant considerations.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation for design systems for it to be the single source of truth.
- Perform an accessibility audit against WCAG 2.1 AA with external consultants and document the design systems.
- Created an accessibility toolkit for designers to document components, patterns, and pages for development.
- Support designers, developers, and quality engineers with a wide range of accessibility experience to ensure customers receive a usable, accessible, and desirable product
- Outperform the competition with user experience designs for web, mobile native and responsive interfaces.
- Improve the overall usability and accessibility of Bill.com’s product experience.
- Strong visual design skill and meticulous in pixel level precision details.
- Strong interaction design skill that delights the use of product experience.
- Experience with voice over tools such as JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback.
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification a plus
- Communicate your design visually with user flow,mockups and prototypes in product.
- With your strong verbal and written communication skills, share your solutions with your team and larger audiences and apply feedback as you iterate.
- Armed with your strong sense of aesthetics, you’ll demonstrate your obsession with product quality for design systems design.
- Define, build, test and iterate on stellar interactive experiences that delights our customers alone with ADA considerations.
- Operate successfully in partnering with design, product, engineering, marketing and customer service partners to nurture an extremely collaborative and iterative working relationship.
Before you click apply:
We are talented and fun product people who care. You’ll learn from the best, and have an opportunity to lead in a supportive atmosphere. We are agile and dynamic, so you’ll have an impact on the product and people who use it. As a leader you'll have autonomy to drive design decisions and shape everything from the process to the design system.
Our product is a game-changer in financial services. With 13 years in business, our knowledge, network and market equity we're poised to take it to the next level. Help us get there!
The ideal candidate will have a well polished portfolio site which demonstrates the following:
- In depth understanding and experience in building top tier complex digital solutions
- Expert proficiency in the latest digital UX design applications
- Communicated process experience in leveraging research at all stages of the design lifecycle from content to legal and accessibility design.
- Relevant experiences in the financial/payment industry
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.