We're on a mission to ensure every American gets a fair deal on their mortgage. Our business model, built around fairness and alignment with the best interest of the borrower, sets the stage for our technology and advisor team to deliver customized data, personalized advice, and unique access to a marketplace of mortgage lenders. We're proud to be creating a fundamentally different way to get a mortgage, saving our customers time and money and delivering confidence during the largest financial transaction of their lives.
We welcome all who respect the dignity of others and we aggressively pursue diversity across factors, not only because it makes for a stronger team, but because it moves us closer to the ideals of fairness and inclusion that are at the heart of our mission. We are driven by performance, but we balance that drive with mindfulness for the health and well being of our colleagues and their lives beyond the workplace. We celebrate the effort and learning, as well as the impact, that comes from bold experiments. We value perspective and experience from outside our industry to help drive innovation.
- You are someone who is passionate about clearly communicating and simplifying complex information through the power of thoughtful, empathetic design.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in product design and web design.
- Detail oriented with an eye for visual hierarchy, typography, and clean design.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You can take candid feedback well, and are looking to grow your skillsets.
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized in your process.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
- You view problems holistically while having a pragmatic and iterative approach to getting to the right solution.
- You’re proficient in prototyping tools such as Sketch or Figma as well as the Adobe suite of design products.
- You will work closely with our product and development team to help provide customers with a clear, simple experience within a space that’s historically confusing and difficult to navigate.
- Lead UX/UI design for one of our core product pods.
- Deeply understand the motivations of customers who are just meeting our company/brand and advocate for their needs.
- Create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and final designs for customer facing experiences mainly on our marketing pages and marketing assets.
- Focus on creating an engaging and intuitive user experience and rigorously testing your work.
- Communicate concepts and design rationale to project stakeholders most notably marketing leadership.
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary team that can include developers, marketers, and other stakeholders, to ship new experiences on business objectives, usability studies, and research metrics.
- Help evolve our young brand and make that reflected in our design.
- Help to maintain and evolve our design system.
- Big upside. We have an experienced founding team, we are well funded with an impressive syndicate of investors, we have a deep bench of well-connected advisors, our customers love our service, and we operate in a massive market. This is a chance to make your mark at an early stage company that is growing rapidly.
- We are dedicated to career development and mentorship. You’ll be joining a design team of 2 other experienced product designers who will dedicate time to understanding your aspirations and evolving your skills accordingly.
- Offers 401(k) plan
- Health benefits include medical, dental and vision.
- Unlimited vacation - minimum of two weeks.
- An intense commitment to company culture that includes core values that are defined and maintained by our employees.
Own Up is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Own Up is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. We are a drug-free workplace.