FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
At FREE NOW, formerly known as mytaxi, we are at the most exciting point in our history. We are part of one of the most dynamic spaces for innovation in the world today: shaping mobility. You will work on challenging, rewarding problems. You will stretch, learn, grow, and have fun doing it.
What's the opportunity?
FREE NOW is hiring a UX Researcher to work with our Driver Experience team and help shape the future of mobility for our drivers. The UX Research team seeks to improve product value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding our driver’s needs. We provide research at every stage of the product development cycle and as a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for the research needs of our Driver/Company Owner Happiness tribe.
If you are passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products, helping your peers to grow, and solving real problems for our users, you’ll fit right in.
What’s the job?
- Gather and prioritise key questions from product, design, engineering, and operation teams and develop hypotheses examining users’ behaviours, needs, and attitudes.
- Plan and conduct studies using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods including in-depth interviews, surveys, diary studies and usability studies.
- Work closely with your UX Research team in our offices in Berlin, Hamburg and Barcelona to create global understanding.
- Identify the why of what we observed, synthesize findings utilizing results from Usage Data and User Surveys, and communicate research results to the appropriate stakeholders in an engaging and actionable manner to drive impact.
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower product managers, designers and developers to conduct research, and mentor or coach junior user researchers.
- Experience testing mobile apps and web, and you can understand what it takes to deliver a highly local product in European markets.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research.
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets.
- Strong storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders.
- You are confident to carry out research in both English and Spanish, proficiency in other languages (Polish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German) is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.