Founded and led by billion-dollar investment and operations company founder and CEO, Peter Rex, Rex Teams has launched a stealth-mode disruptive technology business that is recreating services, starting with real estate. It has a strong product-market fit with significant traction.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are looking for a world-class Product Designer with the character, skill, and backbone to build the next great technology business.
You have the confidence, grit, and high flexibility to deal with the ambiguity of a high-speed startup environment. You’re obsessed with digital-design and you have 3-6 years experience in an IC UX role at a fast-growth startup or globally dominant tech company.
You studied HCI rigorously at a top product-design program, with an incredible portfolio to show for it. You have some expertise in user research, information architecture, and interaction design. You pursue excellence in all you do and would be a great fit with our founding team.
You pay an extreme level of attention to details of usability, removing all possible friction from your products. You won’t attach ego to output and when push comes to shove, you will find a way or make one.
In year one you will:
- Work directly with the product, engineering, and operations teams to scale the current product with rich features
- Prioritize strategic roadmap for product-expansion and critical design elements with the exec team
- Provide structured thinking for our user-research, information-architecture, & interaction-design
- Create delightful online and offline experiences through simple, elegant, user-focused interfaces
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience in an IC UX role at a fast-growth startup or globally dominant tech company
- High flexibility, grit, and backbone and is able to deal with ambiguity in a high-speed startup environment
- An obsession with design in personal and professional life
- Studied HCI rigorously at a top product-design university, with an incredible portfolio to show for it
- Expertise in user research, information architecture, and interaction design
- Pursues excellence in all they do and would be a great fit with our founding team + all leaders
- An extreme level of attention to detail, removing all possible friction from their products
- Willingness to relocate to Austin, Texas
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Founder/CEO Peter Rex in WSJ re: moving company from Seattle to Texas
- Peter Rex Media Coverage - Summer 2020
- 2019 Video Reel
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) options
- Unlimited PTO (Discretionary)