Head of Research
We are actively searching for a new Head of Research, reporting directly to the founder to lead a brand new dedicated research function and ensure that everything we do is grounded in a solid understanding of our consumer. This will help us drive a collective strategy across product, brand, and commercial, underpinned with specific insights that drive user engagement.
At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we are the first app approved as a medical device (class 1), and are on the way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 100-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
The overarching responsibility of this role is to create a value-added and robust research practice for Healthily. Working across teams, the role will lead the charge in identifying the kind of users we want to attract, craft appropriate tests, and help us learn the most from each user or consumer interaction. Duties include:
- Be a trusted advisor and business partner to the CEO, technology, product, marketing and data teams as their research subject matter expert
- Identify research initiatives, analyse application analytics, conduct market research and surveys
- Work closely with our product managers, designers, marketing, growth, UX in defining the most important research questions that need to be answered.
- Help build a strategy on how large data sets inform the product strategy and roadmap
- Support our Commercial team with pricing and new international marketplace research - identifying high yield opportunities and providing competitor research
- Lead a culture of shared learning in research
- Lead studies that examine both consumer user behavior and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that fuel ideation and help inform the business roadmap
- Use mixed qualitative and quantitative methods to produce evidence and data to inform decisions
- Use data visualisation tools and presentations to communicate results to key stakeholders and the wider team
- Build a toolkit for the research function
- Be an evangelist for ‘research 1st principle’ to encourage user-centered company strategy
- In-depth experience as a Head of Research, Head of Customer Insights, Head of Market Intelligence, Head of Consumer Insights or Head of UX Research.
- Proven success building a research function from scratch
- Professional experience leading customer research projects
- A track record of research at scale in multiple global markets
- Work experience within a med/health-tech environment
- Experience working within the India and USA markets
Skills & Abilities
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships across teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences
- Able to work at pace and possess a sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment skills and decisive
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb stakeholder management - able to build strong working relationships across teams
- Able to influence without direct authority
- Able to navigate through ambiguity and deliver results
- An exceptional opportunity to participate in the burgeoning digital health industry aiming to positively impact large numbers of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long, or those with poor or no healthcare
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development
- A competitive remuneration package including stock options, flexible working, gym subscription, and other benefits
- 26 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Apple technology
- Remote working and access to a central London company office
- A monthly wellbeing allowance
- Membership of the Calm app
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Deliveroo vouchers for our monthly team 'pizza meetings'