Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional banks are slow with rigid terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use technology to offer flexible access to credit with five minute online applications and near-instant decisions.
Since 2012, we've made finance available to over 50,000 businesses across Europe and lent over £1 billion. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we‘ve built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a smart, vibrant, fun team of almost 200 people.
However, we’re still small – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal. Get in touch if you think you might be the right person for our team.
We’re looking for a passionate problem-solver, experienced Product Designer to help us cater and usher finance for businesses. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing product team which currently includes three designers.
Projects you could work on
• iwoca's website is our store front and our way to explain what we do to businesses.
• iwoca's partnerships and how we interface with variety of third parties such as Tide
• New and exciting products we will offer in the world of business financing
• Our internal credit assessment and measurement dashboards
You should have:
- A great understanding of what good design is and an articulated way of explaining it.
- A user driven attitude and the ability to be analytical and empathetic while researching for problems, needs and solutions.
- Experience with working in cross functional teams with Developer, Product managers.
- The ability to break down and communicate complex systems to users.
- The skill to go from a sketch to a living high fidelity prototypes in motion or code.
- A deep interest in technology. Curiosity and the ability to discover and analyse new products.
- A wonderful portfolio filled with thoughtful and beautiful UX and Interaction Design case studies.
- Willingness to learn about the finance and the business and incorporate it to your decisions.
- A growth mindset. We want people who are hands on and are happy to dive in and learn new skills, rather than just relying on previous experience.
We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic we are following government guidance and the team are working from home wherever possible. We still wanted to list our benefits for times outside of this crisis as well as in so you know what you would be signing up for for when we can all get together again.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference for small businesses. We’ll also encourage you to build your own skills, whether it’s attending workshops or getting involved in new areas of the business.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
- Remote socials, be it quizzes, murder mysteries or comedy nights
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office and remotely
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.