About the team
At PalmPay, our Product team builds new customer experiences. We iterate rapidly and measure everything. The team is small, which means that everyone’s view is heard. You’ll have the chance to make an impact within the business and grow as we grow. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between UX, software engineering, marketing, operations and customer-facing teams.
In this role you'll be responsible to collect customer insights from the NG market. You’ll work to understand existing and potential customers and collect detailed insights. You’ll work directly with the product and wider teams to ensure these insights are actioned.
About the role
- Define, plan, and conduct user research through various methods with a different market segment
- Help drive our foundational research agenda, including frameworks that describe our users (e.g. segmentation, user journeys)
- Partner closely with data analysts to direct and enrich strategic quantitative analyses
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
You may be a good fit if you:
- Worked in a research role at a consumer or creator focused company
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- Broad experience of quantitative research methods
- Have experience with designing, running and analyzing controlled behavioral experiments
- Can perform simple and semi-complex SQL queries
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Familiar with quantitative research methods and metrics, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Excellent storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other key partners
- Dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development
- Enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
- At least three years of user research experience
- Some experience of taking software products to market
- Some experience / knowledge of payments or financial services
- Some experience/knowledge of project management
Ideally, you’ve also had some previous experience:
The role will be based in our Lagos, Nigeria office with limited travel.