Director of Product Design
We're looking for a Director of Product Design to join the New Relic One platform team to help define our global product experience. You'll work across multiple product teams to deliver next-generation experiences that the world's best engineering teams rely upon.
You'll lead a high-caliber product design team based in Barcelona, supporting the end-to-end platform experience. You'll be instrumental in shaping the design vision and helping set the strategic direction of New Relic One. As a senior member of the Experience Design team, you'll play a key role at a formative stage in the global team's next-level of growth, helping drive our Experience Design vision. If you're a creative systems-thinker, a data nerd, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Deliver quality user experiences that enhance usability and provide meaningful value to New Relic users
- Lead, manage, and grow a high-performing team of product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team—from pitching ideas to negotiating trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive collaboration with design and engineering directors, product managers, researchers and writers to assess opportunities and user needs to deliver quality experiences
- Build trusted relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards and excellence via and adherence of our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Champion informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met
- Lead the Experience Design vision in partnership with the New Relic Experience Design leadership team, broadly driving best-practices around teamwork, user-centricity and innovation
- Exercise strong communication and engender a culture of sharing, feedback, and design excellence
- 10+ years of relevant design experience, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS B2C or B2B products
- 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- An excellent communicator in both written and spoken English
Nice to have
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.