Acast is the world’s biggest, fastest-growing podcast platform, and the engine powering creators, advertisers and listeners everywhere. Its services are the most sophisticated available and are constantly being updated with innovative new tools and functionality.
Acast hosts more than 20,000 shows worldwide, monetizing and growing global smash hits. Founded in Sweden in 2014, Acast’s team of more than 200 audio lovers are creating a sustainable and open podcast ecosystem — ensuring the whole industry continues to grow and flourish. The company has sales teams on the ground in 13 markets around the world, including the UK, US, Mexico, Australia, France and Germany.
About the role
We are looking for a UX Designer who wants to work with advanced technology and complex user challenges!
As a UX Designer at Acast, you will be working with complex tools for large customers like The Economist and The Guardian, globally popular podcast shows, as well as contributing to building a skilled and versatile Product Design team. Your job will include researching and designing new features, understanding the needs of our customers, and solving complex problems that place you at the forefront of the podcasting revolution. If you want to learn and change, this is the job for you.
At Acast, you will invest your energies into empirical analysis, experimentation, ideation, aligning stakeholders and transparency. We are looking for a skilled, independent and curious UX Designer with a long-term thinking mindset. In return, we offer a chance to run projects with a great deal of freedom in an industry that’s undergoing constant challenges to the status quo. You will be expected to manage your own time and entire projects involving dozens of people. If this sounds fun, Acast is the place to be.
- Deepen and expand the Design Thinking methodology at Acast
- Always be a voice for the customer. That means you will make daily/weekly efforts to gather feedback.
- Establish new venues for gathering customer feedback. Help the engineering teams work on the right problem.
- Evaluate the current product offering and come up with improvements.
- Interview customers and find valuable insights.
- Creating and improving the information architecture of a data focused platform.
- Deliver mockups and prototypes that keep in mind the long term product vision.
- You must be skilled and comfortable with the common design tools, like Figma. You will often have to convert your research findings into presentable, usable prototypes.
Who you are
- Demonstrable work experience within User Experience Design from a product perspective.
- An up to date portfolio is a must.
- A good grasp of applied user research methods, especially in a non-formal way.
- Skilled at presenting and argumenting your work in an ego-free manner. A key part of this job is collaboration with engineers, marketing, content, product owners, etc.
- Experience working with developers and the Agile methodology, especially in a remote environment.
- You keep the customer at the forefront of your work, always advocating for their needs, particularly in meetings where you might be the only designer.
- Rock solid visual design skills.
- You understand that working on solving a problem is not the same as working on solving the right problem.
- A long-term product mindset - you understand that everything ties into a bigger picture.
- Experience with streaming products (music, audiobooks, etc.) is a plus.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!