Senior UX Designer
Gloo provides a personal growth platform that enables service providers, our “Champions,” to exchange better insights, resources, and technology to serve their people. Our company name reflects the trusted bond between people that serves as the foundation for growth, and everything we build strengthens that bond. We’re leveraging the same exponential tech that’s driving success in other industries and making it available through personal growth resources such as custom assessments, growth plans, and more. As one of Boulder’s most innovative and growing tech companies, Gloo needs more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact.
As a member of the User Experience Design (UXD) team, you will create world class user experiences for web and mobile applications, working in a highly collaborative scrum team including a product owner, technical product manager, engineering lead, and front end / back end / QA engineers. We are looking for people who thrive in defining and designing engaging user experiences for organizations and individuals.
The current opportunity is to lead the design efforts for 2 of Gloo’s flagship products:
Insights+ - The first ever application that helps churches and other organizations know and engage with people digitally: who is showing up, how frequently, where they’re coming from, and most importantly, how they are doing
Church Analytics - Gloo’s leading partner application that translates giving data into understanding and opportunity.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with researchers, product owners and other stakeholders to lead the design of new user experiences consistent with objectives & requirements, existing products & capabilities, and design standards
- Capture and communicate design concepts using wireframes, wireflows and prototypes as appropriate
- Develop and refine code-ready visual designs in accordance with team sprint plans
- Lead and/or participate in the identification, prioritization, development and implementation of process improvement efforts in conjunction with the UX team in order to drive continuous improvement
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), cognitive psychology, product design or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience on a Product team utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and experience of enterprise-class Web applications.
- Expertise in Sketch, design kits, component libraries
- Strength in information architecture, wireframing, interaction design, and rapid prototyping, and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process.
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and an ability to articulate the value across a multidisciplinary team
- Proven experience with usability heuristics and an ability to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystems and use cases
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, and other key stakeholders
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe) and Scrum a plus
- Familiarity with Abstract, Overflow and Clubhouse a plus
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
Applications welcomed from those who are US Citizens or hold a Green Card.