Senior Product Designer
Please submit your portfolio with your application
Alpha Health has now become Koa Health. After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; Alpha Health has graduated from Telefonica’s moonshot factory.
Koa Health is a digital mental health company bringing high quality mental healthcare to people around the world. Targeting a significant market opportunity, Koa is building solutions that are comprehensive (from prevention to cure), effective (with a uniquely strong evidence-base), ethical (e.g., managing personal data), and personal (rather than one-size-fits-all).
Koa launched its first commercial product in the US and UK in February (Foundations) and launches Mindset in the US later this year. In parallel, Koa is developing a pipeline of clinical products, including Perspectives and Foresight.
At Koa, we have built a fantastic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and commercial leads. We also partner with the very best clinicians and academics in the US, the UK, and Europe.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Digital Therapeutics design team. The right candidate has experience designing mobile applications in a collaborative design environment within a small, focused, team. You excel at both user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design with a great eye for visual design. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to translate complex content for targeted users into a beautiful and organized Design System, rich with great typography, illustrations and animation.
- Collaborate with the Lead Product Designer to translate concepts and ideas into simple products and services that people will love
- Synthesize complex concepts into simple visual metaphors and visualizations
- Design visual styles for a variety of services and user touchpoints
- Prototype product concepts for user testing and usability study
- Collaborate with the user research team on concept and usability testing
- Work with front end engineers to ensure accurate implementation of the design
- 5+ Years experience in digital product design with a focus on Design Systems
- Highly organized and focused designer who’s able to craft and manage the UX/UI Design System of our products
- Strong sense of user flows, layout, typography, brand and identity
- Up to date with current design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, modern prototyping tools, etc.)
- Capable of creating innovative concepts and developing them from user testing through pixel-perfect design specifications for engineers
- Experience working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Knowledge of web and mobile based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief other team members
- Capable of understanding customer needs, strategy and UX requirements to deliver designs that help achieve the product needs
- Prefers working collaboratively
- Capable of presenting your designs, receiving feedback professionally and giving feedback constructively
- Be an empathic storyteller (verbally and visually), capable of dealing with change and ambiguity in a constructive way.
- Curious and highly passionate about design
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Experience with animation tools for use in application interface design
- Experience managing freelance animators and illustrators
- Capable of producing illustrations
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Work from home or work from the office
- Flexible working schedule
- Ticket Restaurant
- High social impact with worldwide reach
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- HQ in Barcelona, right by the beach!