Senior Product Designer
Join us in changing an entire industry
We need you to help us shape the future of air freight! At cargo.one we believe that we can only win as a team, and we want you to make an impact with us!
What's the opportunity?
cargo.one is a product-first company. Guided by our objectives and key results (OKRs), we put emphasis on the things that truly matter and are focused on the big picture. As part of a highly motivated and self-organizing Scrum team, you will closely with the product and engineering teams to shape the future of the air freight industry. We expect you to be close to our customers, keep an eye on the things you build and always have the user in mind. At cargo.one, you will join a team that fosters a positive, diverse, hard-working and feedback-heavy culture, with a strong dose of playfulness.
⚠️This position is remote. The caveat is that you must be based within certain countries to be able to work with us. Find out which countries qualify here.
What will I be doing?
- Be part of a Scrum team that builds a solution to change the way air freight is booked today.
- Design new and existing features and functionalities together with your team, the product owner and other stakeholders
- Conduct user interviews to validate hypotheses and prototypes for new and existing product personas
- Improve the UI and UX of our platform together with our product manager and our engineers.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to design experiences, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for the platform
- Work closely with engineering and product to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high-quality
- Understand our customer’s requirements and translate them into sensible features and functionalities.
- Work in close collaboration with product to inform and improve design processes
What skills do I need?
- An outstanding portfolio of product designs, showcasing a solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users
- Experience with concept creation for new functionalities. You know how to convert such a concept into solutions and experiences that solve problems.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience running user interviews and building relationships with users
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with building software as part of a team. Ideally you worked with Scrum before.
- Outstanding communication skills; fluent in English
What I can expect from cargo.one
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organization combined with an extremely steep learning curve.
- A competitive compensation package and plenty of room for career progression.
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Work within a fully-remote setup
- We offer a budget that can be used towards setting up the home office.
- Company get-togethers
If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, let us know.
📚 Curious to know more?
Get to know our cargo.one team and find out more about daily challenges, biggest achievements and personal motivations. Paloma, Abdullah, Veit and Siena.