Product Research Manager
Everlywell is a consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing company with easy-to-read and actionable results. We are at the forefront of personalized health, transforming the $25B lab testing industry. Everlywell is growing rapidly and we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We move at a fast pace to solve problems quickly so that our customers have a rewarding experience. If this sounds like your type of environment, we are eager to speak to you!
As part of the Everlywell product team, you will direct the design strategy of products that give millions of people access to at-home lab testing. You will lead the team that ensures that our work is grounded in a deep contextual understanding of what matters to the people who use our products.
What You'll Do:
- Work to to define strategic focus of research making sure to incorporate complex technical and business requirements
- Build and own the execution of a roadmap of research initiatives
- Clearly articulate research objectives and approaches for each project
- Lead UX research activities including research planning, usability testing, analysis, synthesis, and artifact creation
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences by sharing your ideas regularly with creative peers, engineers, and key stakeholders (including senior leadership)
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments
Who You Are:
- You’re a leader. Others naturally come to you for feedback. You are comfortable sharing your point of view and helping your team grow.
- You fall in love with problems, not solutions. You’re always in search of a better, simpler, more elegant way.
- You are strategic. You are not overwhelmed by complex problems in difficult spaces. You naturally turn these problems into solutions and those solutions into iterations.
- You see the big picture, but sweat the details. You can appreciate a great idea, but inconsistencies in products drive you crazy.
- You are a champion of your users. You feel that people deserve to have great experiences with your products.
- You are a storyteller who delivers compelling insights and a call to action in a way that generates empathy, alignment and energy.
- You believe in a mission. You’re motivated both by the quality of your craft, but also the outcomes that you (and your teams) deliver.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization. You can adapt your plans as new information is available.
- You’re a great teammate. You partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and requirements are met.
- You’re relentlessly curious. You love thinking about technology and its impact on design solutions.
What You've Done:
- You have 8+ years of experience in Research, UX, Interaction or Product Design.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading research teams.
- You have experience delivering actionable insights to drive consumer, business, and internal facing products.
- You can with prototyping and researching tools like InVision, usertesting.com, dscout, etc.
Nice To Have:
- Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience on a small team in a fast paced environment.
- Experience bridging the gap between physical and digital products.
You'll Love Working Here:
- Venture backed by top-tier firms
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
- Open vacation policy
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Health benefits
Everlywell is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.