Senior Product Designer
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open-source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit here.
Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution. It builds, deploys, and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi, multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking, Ethereum 2.0), as well as ConsenSys’s other industry-leading products, including MetaMask, Quorum, and Infura. The Codefi team is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
About the role
ConsenSys is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help drive new products in the Digital Asset and DeFi space. As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a collaborative design process from conception to launch: partner with small, global teams of engineers, product managers, and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design to communicate interaction and design ideas effectively
- Actively give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the bar for quality
- Evangelize design and product thinking methodology
- Fearlessly take on highly complex problem areas and then publish what you learn
- Grow a design team as products mature
What we ask for:
- You have 2-5+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams
- Experience working with product design tools like Figma, Sketch, Whimsical, or similar
- You have solved complex problems with an elegant, shipped product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design
- You demonstrate product vision and use data and experimentation to provide product direction.
- While you may not have a branding or marketing background, you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions, presenting to clients or stakeholders
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity
- You demonstrate solid leadership skills and an ability to develop strong partnerships with product managers and engineers
- A strong portfolio that contains not just final solutions, but the iterative artifacts which demonstrates your thinking, as well as your role within that process
Even better if:
- You’re interested in or have experience with decentralized applications and blockchain
- You’re interested in or have experience designing for financial applications
- Willing to travel occasionally to meet global clients or conduct research
- You have experience at both large organizations and start-ups
- You can facilitate design thinking workshops
- You enjoy some amount of ambiguity and freedom to experiment
- You’ve built or worked with design systems
- You have experience animating interactions and UI elements
- You have front-end development experience
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.