UI/UX Design Internship
UI/UX designer Internship remote role
We're looking for
An intern that is required to do an internship as part of a UK-based higher education course with a love for design and pubs.
Early Stage Startup
We are offering an opportunity to jump in on the ground floor of a super cool early-stage startup with significant growth potential. You’ll be working closely with 2 veteran tech founders to design and develop the MVP target solution. This is a 3 month graphic design project with the potential to convert into a full-time role with an attractive stock options package.
What we do
We do pubs, like no other.
PubMate is a dedicated recommendation engine and marketplace for pubs. We help users search and discover pubs for all occasions.
To become the leading marketplace for UK pubs and beyond.
As the lead UX/UI Designer you will take ownership of the end to end design process, working collaboratively with cross functional teams to create beautiful and functional product features in a fast paced agile environment.
You will become an integral member of our founding team focussing on delivering a MVP target solution. You will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career.
You will play a pivotal role in the creation of exciting new products in our roadmap, with significant scope for personal development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Embed yourself within squads, working closely with POs and engineers, facilitating a collaborative multidisciplinary approach to design, and providing your expertise.
- Focus heavily on the critical user problem points and build out mobile centric designs to solve these problems
- Design responsive web app screen views
- Be an advocate for our various users, understanding and empathising with their needs.
- Work closely with our researcher and understand how to leverage data to come up with the best possible UX solutions.
- Create a knowledge base of clearly documented UX problems and solutions in the form of; user journeys maps, wireframes etc.
- Create beautiful high fidelity designs and clickable prototypes.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to ensure continued alignment and improving quality across our product suite, and overall brand.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to branding guidelines on fonts, colours and images
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or product designer (with SaaS B2C and B2B knowledge is a plus )
- Deep familiarity with tools such as Figma / Invision / Sketch / Framer / to create prototypes, customer flows, and hi-fi mock-ups
- Experience designing and running key customer discovery tasks (eg. customer discovery interviews, concept and usability testing, etc.) and distilling the output into concrete insights and designs
- Nice to haves:
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
Qualities we're looking for
- Focus on problem-solving: The name of the game problem/solution fit. Obsessively focused on how our product can solve our customer's problems. We do functional, not flashy.
- Effective communicator: Able to share novel or complicated concepts with the team in a digestible way, and able to “translate” messy customer signals into their relevant business implications.
- Attention to detail: Designs critiqued until pixel perfect. Every step of the customer journey accounted for. Nothing gets past you.
- Ambitious curiosity: Eager to learn skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone, take on tasks that scare you, and grow into a senior leadership role at Pubmate
- Dependability & accountability: Trusted to deliver on the commitments you make to the team, from the big picture results to the nuanced details
- The opportunity to join a passionate startup team and work closely with the founders.
- 3-month graphic design project with the potential to join full time with an attractive stock options package
- KPI bonus scheme
- Remote based role
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business
PubMate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.
How to apply
Please attach your CV with cover letter.
No recruiters or agencies please.