Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As a UI-UX Designer, you will help us create the best user experience for our players! To do so, you will work hand in hand with our Senior UX Designer, Junior UI Designer, Lead Designer, Executive Producer and external partner.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create and deliver delightful ergonomic interfaces and relevant icons
- Actively propose visual enhancements to our games, tools interfaces and document style in order to improve the accessibility of our games (icons’ understanding, color-blindness adjustments, motion design…)
- Produce wireframe and prototype for dev team review and iteration towards implementation.
- Help gathering and evaluating user requirements, iterate with the design team and refine the game to create interfaces easy to use, effective and understandable for players
- Understand Players/Games interactions (playtests follow-up) and define models, task flow and UI specifications
- Collaborate with teams to keep content user-friendly
- Oversee the player onboarding process, from high level design to tutorial implementation, taking into account accessibility, progression, and player research results.
Required experience & skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, graphics, ergonomics or other related field
- At least 2 years of experience as a UI-UX Designer or in a similar position
- Able to create compelling icons
- User-oriented with strong creative skills
- Good knowledge of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- Strong interest for communication, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists…)
- Stay current on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced iterations on the games
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator or FIGMA, Axure or Adobe XD
- Fluent in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Mastery of fonts and typography
- Basics in motion (After effects or principle)
- Basics in Unity
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
- C# understanding