Senior UX Designer
We’re seeking an experienced User Experience Researcher/Designer to join a team of product specialists, developers and designers in building compelling new features and improvements for enterprise-scale web and mobile applications. This is a leadership role in user research, experience design, usability and interaction design, and it requires a deep passion for collaboration and data-driven advocacy for the user. The Senior UX Designer/Researcher works closely with their teammates in Product Management, Client Success, Engineering, and Quality Assurance to understand business requirements and drive a user-centered design process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research user behaviors and expectations
- Perform concept validation through usability testing
- Present data-driven design recommendations to the team
- Create, test, and present visual designs such as wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate on requirements and user story definition
- Build high-fidelity mock-ups and maintain style guides
- Design for users with different physical and cognitive abilities
- Support development teams throughout the development cycle (sprints).
- Apply key methodologies, including usability testing, heuristic analysis, comparative analysis, contextual inquiry, focus groups, card sorts/tree testing, and surveys
- Model and drive design thinking for complex systems
- Recruit, mentor and manage junior UX/UI designers
- Advanced degree (or equivalent training/experience) in human computer interaction, human factors, or cognitive/experimental psychology (or related field of study)
- Proficiency in design-related software (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Adobe Illustrator).
- At least 3 years of relevant post-academic experience
- Ability to communicate decision points and metrics in an articulate, actionable manner for technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Prior experience working on B2B or B2B2C product design in an Agile environment.
- Thorough understanding of design approaches, technologies, and tools (including concept mapping, journey mapping, prototyping, user flows, etc.)
- Knowledge of the technology behind web and mobile development (Information Architecture, Object Relational Mapping, web technologies, WCAG 2.0, mobile platform design guidelines)
- Experience with Internationalization is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar tools is a plus.
- Experience in a graphic design, writing, or project management role is a plus