The Upstox Story:
Upstox (RKSV Securities India Pvt. Ltd.) is one of India's leading Discount Broking companies which enables investors and traders to trade in Stock Market and Commodities exchange at a fraction of market price with our state-of-the-art trading platform.
One of the fastest growing stock broking companies and first brokers in India to introduce commission-free trading for investors. Our customers enjoy zero brokerage on equity delivery trades and a flat Rs. 20 per order pricing model on all other segments.
We are on our way to become the leader in low-cost brokerage and No.1 stock broker in the country. We scaled from a customer database of 25k customers in 2017 to 2 Lakh customers in 2019 to 2+ Million customers now.
The company will continue to be driven by its guiding principle of making trading in stock markets simple and affordable for all.
Company’s focus on high-design and leading-edge technology seeks to revolutionise the online trading industry in India, all at disruptive price points. Backed by Ratan Tata, Upstox had raised $4 million in Series A funding in early 2016 that was led by Kalaari Capital. The round also saw participation from health care tech firm GVK Davix Technologies Pvt Ltd. US-based investment firm Tiger Global Management invested $25 million in the company in September 2019 in a Series B funding round.
We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals, and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
About the Design Team:
Split into Product and Visual Communication, we’re a tight Design team made of friendly, chill folk who like working collaboratively, attending gigs together, and swapping Spotify recommendations. On account of Upstox’ impactful nature, our methods lay a strong emphasis on people research, we have a data-driven, design-first approach and acknowledge the impact well-designed experiences have on them. We believe product building doesn’t stop at 'Release 1', are constantly improving Upstox, and in effect, currently expanding the team like ‘cray’ for the phase ahead. If we’ve struck a chord, YOU might just be The One we’re looking for, Neo.
We are looking for a UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet people’s needs. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX Designer to play a vital role in shaping the products and services for Upstox. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Our ideal candidate should have the ability to delight customers with their user-centered product design work, by solving customers’ problems. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers. As UX Designer on this team, you will be working from high-level requirements to define product design flows, interactions, and content strategies in collaboration with business leaders, engineers, product managers, and other UX and visual designers. The team will look to you to help identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features. To be successful you must be a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops, an excitement for understanding and using data, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data, create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop high-level and detailed wireframes and prototypes around customer needs, low- and high-fidelity mockups, detailed micro-interaction matrices, to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conducting user research and testing. Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs. Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers. Conduct usability testing
- Collaborating with Designers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
- Ability to understand complex business goals, product & technical content, and Interaction Design in order to create engaging & effective experiences for our customers
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis keeping abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Stay up-to-date with the latest achievements, best practices, and trends in design
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in design (UX, product), HCI, behavioral economics, cognitive psychology, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a core UX Design field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in leading a design team
- Strong online portfolio of design projects. Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, front and back-end engineers, and business or editorial stakeholders
- Experience designing with Pattern Libraries and using a variety of research and testing methodologies
- Master's degree in design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience leading the design of web, mobile & TV-based interfaces. Experience in application design, specifically application portals, dashboards, information-heavy screens
- Experience in design systems and designing component libraries
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences. A user-centric mindset, attention to detail, creative and analytical approach
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Lead product designer for projects that present multidisciplinary challenges and span multiple platforms and departments
- Expertise in complex service design challenges
- Experienced in integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work and iterations
- Experience working with ML/AI systems
- Proven ability to present a strategic rationale for design decisions to executive-level stakeholders
- Experience demonstrating ownership of projects and communicating timelines, executing independently