Motional is seeking a creative UI/UX prototyper to aid our product and design team to iterate on design
concepts, and validate them with ride hailing users.
What you'll do:
- Work with Motional’s user experience designers to create functional mobile and web applications, including augmented reality, to allow our designers quickly iterate upon design concepts, and perform user research and testing activities.
- Provide a seamless experience for experimentation with users, and enable decision making on UX concepts
- Produce low and high fidelity functional prototypes from UI/UX designs, using off-the-shelf and bespoke hardware, and writing your own software for VR, mobile, web or other technologies.
- Create robust applications that can be deployed for user testing at scale. Be responsible for creating new prototyping architectures, and create documentation that can be used by other engineers to consume or extend.
- Collaborate with other prototypers, and Motional engineers to build new experiences and infrastructure.
What you'll bring:
- BS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as UX / design engineer, software engineer
- Experience working in a creative team including designers and product managers.
- History of building prototypes to design thinking and the final product experience
- Experience developing for mobile in Android and/or iOS
- Experience with Augmented Reality (AR) with experience with A-frame, ARKit, and ARCore
Bonus points (but not required):
- Knowledge of developing for Virtual Reality or game and 3D, including Unreal Engine, C++, and VR platforms such as Oculus, HTC Vive
- Experience with IoT devices
- Experience with hardware hacking/prototyping (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Experience with Docker containers, AWS, React
- MS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.