Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. Our mission is to help build financial well-being for our users. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $17 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
We’re seeking a talented User Experience Researcher to help us better connect with our users, understand their needs and pain points, and synthesize research into actionable insights.
Joining our product organization, you will help shape our ResearchOps: enabling continuous discovery through qualitative methods, synthesizing research and organizing it in a repository, and sharing insights with designers, product managers, and engineers. You will also work closely with our design team to make sure we are building the right thing, and with our analytics team to help marry qualitative and quantitative research.
What You Will Do
- Use a variety of research methods including, but not limited to, qualitative interviews, usability testing, heuristic analysis, and surveys;
- Coordinate and conduct remote moderated and unmoderated research sessions;
- Synthesize research findings and organize in a repository;
- Uncover insights and share them with the broader design and product team;
- Work with other business areas (marketing, product) to coach in research best practices;
- Evangelize UX research and be the voice of the user in ideation sessions.
What You Will Need to Have
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to UX Research (HCI, Psychology, etc.) or equivalent industry experience;
- 2+ years of UX Research work experience;
- Knowledge of Scrum Agile or other Agile/Lean methodologies;
- Experience leading unbiased moderated interviews and usability tests;
- An ability to actively listen and a well-developed sense of patience;
- Basic understanding of how qualitative and quantitative methods complement each other, and when each is appropriate;
- ·Experience creating UX tools such as journey maps, personas, empathy maps, etc.
- Experience with a repository tool (Airtable, Dovetail) and a recruitment tool (User Interviews, Validately, UserTesting) is a plus;
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment is a plus;
- Experience in fintech or banking is a plus.
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan for benefits-eligible employees, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.