User Experience Researcher
Shadow is a high-end Windows 10 PC accessible from anywhere at anytime. Thanks to our apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS, and to the Shadow Ghost, the service is available on any kind of device (laptop, smartphone, tablet, Android TV). Any connected device with a screen becomes a powerful gaming or work station offering a unique experience.
Our software is frequently updated and the hardware components are improved in our highly secured data centers. No need to change your computer every few years, Shadow is the end of obsolescence! We truly believe that Shadow represents a whole new way of using computers. Much more than a PC, Shadow is The answer to the increasing need of computing power, mobility and hardware replacement.
Shadow is looking for a mission-driven, creative User Experience Researcher. The right person for this role will need to be have a deep understanding of current, tried and true usability research methodologies, but also be open and willing to “experiment” with new approaches to understand users and areas for opportunity, uncover and synthesize insights, and build stories through the triangulation of different data sources. The role is global in scope and you’ll work directly with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing & UA, etc.
- Work closely with product, design, engineering teams to identify research topics and critical research questions, create detailed study plans and build a holistic research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure impact and relevance
- Employ the best research method(s) based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing
- Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system
- Communicate insights, recommendations and next steps in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our current and lapsed subscribers through primary field research, behavioral analysis, and/or secondary research
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research
- 3+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or equivalent
- Influential UX research leader with experience managing multiple projects & the ability to look across studies to synthesize and point out common threads
- A strong understanding of different qualitative & quantitative research methods including rapid iterative testing, interviews, concept testing, diary studies, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, etc
- Experience visualizing complex workflows and communicating those to other teams
- Experience packaging insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers to use (e.g., personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks)
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, keep organized, and multitask in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports)
- The ability to understand, analyze and interpret complicated data
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action
- Experience conducting research across a variety of countries, modalities and environments